The West Coast is at Alert Level 2. COVID-19 Business Support
Register interest now for DWC's Co.Starters business start-up and development programme in 2022.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST NOW FOR A COHORT IN 2022!
CO.STARTERS is a ten week business start-up and development programme that equips aspiring entrepreneurs with the insights, relationships, and tools needed to turn ideas into action and a passion into a sustainable and thriving business.
Each week the cohort will work through a theme/topic together, with local entrepreneurs and professionals coming as guest speakers to share their knowledge and inspiring stories.
Week 1: Knowing Yourself
- Introduction, assumptions, working styles, team building, obstacles.
Week 2: Knowing Your Customer
- Customer, problem, alternatives, idea testing.
Week 3: Finding the Right Solution
- Solution, benefit, advantage, starting small, brand identity.
Week 4: Getting the Relationship Right
- Marketing and message; getting, keeping and growing customers.
Week 5: Building Blocks
- Distribution, revenue, typical offering, price.
Week 6: Structures and Systems
- Legal and accounting considerations.
Week 7: Discovering the Bottom Line
- Startup and ongoing needs, fixed and variable costs, break-even point.
Week 8: Financial Modeling
- Break-even point, sales projections, cash flow, raising capital.
Week 9: Planning for Growth
- Growth plans, goal setting, celebration prep.
Week 10: Celebration Night
Graduates of the CO.STARTERS programme include:
- Little Rock NZ
- Paparoa Paddle Co.
- Flowers of Eden
- Wild Lotus
- Ross Beach Top 10 Holiday Park
- Sunset Point Brewery
- SuperBrain ProductioNZ
- Hopaholics Brewery
- Wash Rite West Coast
- New River Kennels
- Grounded Garden Services
- Hokitika - February 2022
- Karamea - March 2022
- Greymouth - May 2022
- Westport - June 2022
Please include full name, phone number and an overview of your business or business idea.