DWC's Co.Starters business start-up and development programme set to begin on 7 September in Greymouth.
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
CO.STARTERS is a ten week business start-up and development programme that equips aspiring entrepreneurs with the insights, relationships, and tools needed to turn ideas into action and a passion into a sustainable and thriving business.
Each week the cohort will work through a theme/topic together, with local entrepreneurs and professionals coming as guest speakers to share their knowledge and inspiring stories.
Week 1: Knowing Yourself
- Introduction, assumptions, working styles, team building, obstacles.
Week 2: Knowing Your Customer
- Customer, problem, alternatives, idea testing.
Week 3: Finding the Right Solution
- Solution, benefit, advantage, starting small, brand identity.
Week 4: Getting the Relationship Right
- Marketing and message; getting, keeping and growing customers.
Week 5: Building Blocks
- Distribution, revenue, typical offering, price.
Week 6: Structures and Systems
- Legal and accounting considerations.
Week 7: Discovering the Bottom Line
- Startup and ongoing needs, fixed and variable costs, break-even point.
Week 8: Financial Modeling
- Break-even point, sales projections, cash flow, raising capital.
Week 9: Planning for Growth
- Growth plans, goal setting, celebration prep.
Week 10: Celebration
- Tuesday, 7 September
- Tuesday, 14 September
- Tuesday, 21 September
- Tuesday, 28 September
- Tuesday, 5 October
- Tuesday, 12 October
- Tuesday, 19 October
- Tuesday, 26 October
- Tuesday, 2 November
- Tuesday, 9 November - Celebration Night
Venue: DWC Boardroom - Level 1, Brunner House, 54 Tainui Street, Greymouth
Time: 5.30pm - 8.30pm
Cost: $400 + GST (please note, participant fee is due before the programme commences).
The participant fee has increased to reflect the updated, improved, and expanded programme. Development West Coast know there is outstanding and proven value in this internationally recognised programme, and is continuing its commitment to heavily subsiding the standard participant fee. View Alumni stories.
Facilitators: Ian Johnson and Phil Johnston-Coates
Once you have applied, you will receive an email to arrange an appointment for you to complete a pre cohort interview with Ian Johnson (facilitator). This is to ensure participants are fully aware of the course content that will be covered, time commitment involved, determine this is the right course and prepare you for the ten week programme.
Please be aware there is a limited amount of spaces for this cohort but there will be further opportunity to complete CO.STARTERS in Westport, Greymouth and Hokitika in 2022.