Development West Coast is hosting national law firm Duncan Cotterill for a free seminar on employment and health and safety law.
Christchurch Partner Sarah Townsend will provide an overview and update on developments and trends in employment and health and safety legislation including:
- Law reform – Holidays Act and Employee vs Contractor issues
- Rise in personal grievance claims and awards
- Restructuring and redundancy
- Working from home – the new normal?
- The rise of workplace bullying claims
- WorkSafe areas of focus in 2023
- Understanding health and safety duties for employers and workers.
Sarah is a specialist employment and health and safety lawyer with more than 20 years’ experience working in employment law. She advises employers and senior executives from a wide range of industries including the education, health, agri-business, construction and insurance sectors on all aspects of employment law from disciplinary processes, bullying and harassment complaints, restructuring, discrimination claims and dismissals, to drafting employment agreements, advising on Holidays Act obligations and litigating restraint of trade disputes.
From a health and safety perspective, Sarah works closely with clients to help them understand and comply with their obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and to advise and represent organisations following a workplace accident or incident.
Clients have described her as "outstanding and leads her team to provide the same level of support." (Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022). Sarah is regularly engaged by organisations to carry out independent investigations into complaints of bullying and harassment that have been raised in their workplace.
- Date: Wednesday, 29 March
- Time: 12 noon - 2.00pm (light lunch provided)
- Venue: St John Training Rooms - 112 Waterwalk Road, Greymouth
- Cost: Free