Come and meet with Callaghan Innovation to hear what they do and how they could help support your business to develop innovation.
Development West Coast is pleased to host Callaghan Innovation on the West Coast. Chatu Lokuge and Kin Lung Chan will be giving a presentation on Callaghan Innovation services with a focus on how the data group and internet of things group support Kiwi innovation.
Date: Wednesday, 28 July
Time: 5.00pm - 7.00pm (presentation from 5.00pm, networking from 6.00pm)
Venue: byte Mawhera Digital Hub - 1C Guinness Street, Greymouth
Callaghan Innovation’s purpose is to activate innovation and help businesses grow faster for a better New Zealand. Callaghan Innovation has a team of over 450 people to help support you and your business, that includes:
- 200+ scientists and engineers in R&D solutions and their commercial business.
- R&D centres in Wellington, Auckland and Christchurch.
- 14 Regional Business Partners – Development West Coast is your partner.
They help Kiwi businesses to commercialise novel products, processes or services faster, for a better ROI, through tailored services ranging from expert advice to end-to-end product or process development.
𝗖𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗮𝗴𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗜𝗻𝗻𝗼𝘃𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗙𝗼𝗰𝘂𝘀:
- Focus on 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗹𝗶𝗲𝗱 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗵 and 𝗧𝗲𝗰𝗵𝗻𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘆
- Collaborate with industry by:
- Delivering 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 solutions
- 𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗳𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 technological solutions, such as IP
𝗖𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗮𝗴𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗜𝗻𝗻𝗼𝘃𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵 (𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟵/𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬):
- 1,800 innovative NZ businesses showcased on Scale-up NZ.
- Innovative skills programmes delivered to over 210 businesses.
- Their scientists and engineers helped over 250 businesses commercialise ideas.
- $50m grants approved to amplify business R&D.
𝗖𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗮𝗴𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗜𝗻𝗻𝗼𝘃𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗥&𝗗 𝗦𝗼𝗹𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀:
- Advanced materials
- Advanced manufacturing
- Internet of Things and Data Solutions
𝗥&𝗗 𝗙𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗦𝘂𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁
Callaghan Innovation offer the following:
- R&D Tax Incentive
- Getting Started Grants
- Project Grants
- Student Grants
- Over 1500 students funded to help business access fresh talent.
- Over 200 startups supported by our partner incubators and accelerators.
𝗠𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀:
Chatu has over 20 years of research and development expertise in wireless MAC protocols, signal processing, error correction & spectrum sensing algorithms, and implementing them on microprocessors or FPGAs.
He has expertise in developing innovative/novel branding, marketing and business development strategies for IP, with proven success in taking products and services to market in New Zealand, Australia, China, Europe and USA.
𝐾𝑖𝑛 𝐿𝑢𝑛𝑔 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑛
Kin Lang's areas of expertise include data analytics, AI, computational electromagnetics, data strategy and project management.
Come along to this presentation to hear what Callaghan Innovation is and does and how they could help support your business to develop innovation. This is an exciting opportunity for our West Coast businesses. Everyone attending the presentation will have the opportunity to network and discuss a site visit to their business from Chatu and KL.
Check out what an “Innovation Agency” does and how they could help your business growth: view video