This entry level payroll course covers off the basic payroll process steps and payroll activities that are present in any payroll application.
Payroll is one of the largest costs a business has and it is important that staff that are involved in payroll fully understand how payroll is processed and the different steps and requirements (legislative and agreed terms) impact on its processing.
If payroll is not processed in a structured and logical way it can easily become non-compliant the result can then mean that employees are not paid correctly and the employer is put at risk of penalties and fines from external agencies and challenges from their own employees.
This entry level payroll course covers off the basic payroll process steps and payroll activities that are present in any payroll (manually processed or using a computerised payroll application).
It will provide new payroll staff with a clear understanding of what the steps are and why they are done.
Each participant will be provided with a comprehensive course manual full of references that also includes templates and basic payroll process steps and procedures.
WHO IS IT FOR:
Staff new to payroll or who act as a back up to payroll and small business owners that need an understanding of how to process a basic payroll for their employees.
DATE & TIME:
Thursday 7 July 2022 9:00 AM - Friday 8 July 2022 5:00 PM
Member Price: NZ$975.00 + GST
Non-Member Price: NZ$1175.00 + GST
The course will be run online
- Overview of the payroll process
- How to setup new employees and prepare final pays for terminated employees
- How to gather employee time data
- What basic payroll documentation is required
- How employees are taxed
- What types of government and agency deductions are processed in payroll
- Overview of KiwiSaver payroll requirements
- Payroll timeframes and deadlines
- Filing and reporting requirements (externally)
- Payroll process checks, verification and sign off
- What payroll reports to provide to the business
- Payroll record management
- Income tax and PAYE
- ACC Earner Levy / Student Loans / ESCT
- Types of employee allowances
- Overview of leave entitlements under the Holidays Act 2003
- The different leave calculations used by the Holidays Act 2003
- Types of Parental leave
- Other legislation impacting on payroll
At the end of this session the learner will be able to:
- Describe the end to end payroll process
- List the payroll process steps and what is required for each step and to ensure payroll is kept compliant
- Describe all the elements that are involve in processing a pay
- Describe the various leave entitlements and calculations under the Holidays Act 2003
- Understand other pieces of legislation that have an impact on payroll
This event is online only