Join us at the second workshop of our Business Capability Series to discuss how you can leverage business off visitors utilising our region’s cycle trails.
Brought to you by DWC, and facilitated by Quality Tourism Development, this workshop will give insight on how to take a strategic approach to generating new revenue by creating offerings and experiences alongside cycle trails to build or strengthen your unique position in the market.
The programme will focus on:
- Gaining and sharing insights.
- Assessing your strategic options.
- Attracting new customers.
- Developing new products, new pricing, new collaborations and a new plan.
Participants will also receive a ‘plan on a page’ template they can use straight away.
- 10.30am - Welcome and introductions.
- 10.45am - Insights, emerging trends and sharing local intel on what's being delivered on trails / journeys.
- 11.15am - Thought starters for growing your revenue.
- 11.45am - Identifying key issues and opportunities for businesses and agree which of these are common across multiple businesses.
- 12.15pm - lunch.
- 12.45pm - Strategy basics from measurable objectives to action planning.
- 1.00pm - Resources available to assess market segments and produce your plan on a page.
- 1.30pm - Wrap up.
Meet the Facilitator
Craig Wilson – Quality Tourism Development
Craig Wilson is Managing Director and primary consultant of Quality Tourism Development Limited. Craig specialises in sustainable tourism development including strategic planning and implementation assistance, destination and journey development, customer experience management, marketing and brand development, community / cluster development and facilitation.
He has 30 years’ experience in the corporate and consulting environment in both New Zealand and Australia, including 24 years in the New Zealand tourism sector. He was General Manager, Marketing and acting Chief Executive for Tourism Auckland. Prior to this, Craig was Marketing Manager and Business Development Manager for Tranz Scenic (the long-distance passenger train division of Tranz Rail).
Craig’s strengths in strategic planning, marketing, branding, business and experience development result through his experience in sectors as diverse as tourism, energy, retail, fast moving consumer goods and local government.
- Date: Tuesday, 1 August
- Time: 10.30am - 1.30pm (lunch and refreshments provided)
- Venue: Club Buller - 44 Queen Street, Westport
- Cost: Free to attend
If you would like to attend this event virtually, please indicate when registering.
If you are unable to attend but are interested in this topic, please note that the Westport session will be recorded. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the recording.