The West Coast is at Alert Level 2. COVID-19 Business Support
West Coast Procurement Training Course & NZQA NZ Certificate in Infrastructure Procurement Procedures Level 6 (qual no. 3179).
DWC is hosting Clever Buying on the West Coast for a two day procurement training course designed specifically for busy public sector procurement professionals. Once candidates have completed the two day course there is then opportunity to complete the NZQA Level 6 qualification by completing a further four assessments to gain the 80 credits required for the qualification.
- Procurement essentials
- Procurement planning
- Preparing RFx documents (RFTs, RFPs, etc.)
- Evaluating Tenders
- Applying legal and ethical requirements to procurement, including Government Rules of Sourcing.
There is 1 – 2 hours of course work to complete after the two-day workshop. If registered for the NZQA qualification, students will then complete the online learning and assignments (6 – 18 months depending on individual circumstances) - https://www.nzqa.govt.nz/nzqf/search/viewQualification.do
Date: Monday, 1 November & Tuesday, 2 November
Time: 9.00am - 4.30pm
Venue: Ashley Hotel (Rimu room two) – 74 Tasman Street, Greymouth
Cost: Fully funded for eligible participants / $1,400 + GST*
- Eligible for funding - Registration for Assessment | Clever Buying
- Not eligible for funding but would like to complete the two day course - Procurement Training Course Registration Form: Non-NZQA Candidates | Clever Buying
Once you have registered Clever Buying and Connexis ITO are then notified and depending on eligibility (for the government funding) will then need to have a phone call/Teams or possibly face-to-face meeting (15 - 20 minutes) with Connexis ITO to complete a training agreement, this is a requirement to receive the government funding. This meeting needs to be completed and training agreement completed no later than two weeks after completing the registration and at least two weeks prior to the course.
This training is fully funded through the TTAF government fund for those participants that are eligible. Participants are vetted carefully buy Connexis ITO to ensure they are engaged in procurement roles and can therefore complete the workplace assignments and commit to the course.
Clever Buying works in conjunction with Connexis ITO, the qualification developer and NZQA registered provider. Candidates must register with Connexis to receieve the qualification.
- If we are at COVID Alert Level 3 or 4, this training course will be rescheduled for 2022.
For participants completing the NZQA qualification
- Students need to complete a compulsory one-hour online session and begin the online assignments before the two day workshop. While this is compulsory to attend the session will be recorded and tutorial link provided if students cannot make the scheduled date. This will be around 10 days before the course.
- You will need to complete at least one assignment every three months to keep up with the online learning.
- If candidates do not begin the online training one month after the workshop has been completed, they will be sent an invoice for the full course fee of $1,400 + GST for payment.
- Please note that any no-shows or people who do not complete and submit the course materials or an assignment after the course will have their fees invoiced to the student’s organisation.