Tourism New Zealand's Australian Marketing Team, have prepared a 'Playbook' for Regional Tourism Organisations and operator partners to digest, inform and better enable Destination New Zealand to show up in Australia with impact.
The Playbook aims to ensure we fly together in Australia with efficiency, effectiveness and best use of funds. With an audience of experts across RTOs, Operators and industry who want to grow their visitor mix from Australia, the Playbook is an invitation to work together and see how far we can go. It’s the kiwi way, be ingenious together.
“He waka eke noa – we’re all in this together”
Checklist and action plan
Earned Playbook Checklist
- Provide Tourism New Zealand with new content for 'themes in 2021’ & story pillars: Specifically any focus on road trips, premium, unique & quirky, secret places & spaces, living the Tiaki Promise.
- Share your communications strategy & planned PR activity in Australia.
Collaborate vs compete to obtain a dominant SOV in a small market.
Opportunity to work with Eleven PR as in market PR agency. Please contact Lauren Blank if interested
- Update Tourism New Zealand on any NEW accommodation or experiences in your region.
- Make sure we have the most recent regional & operator content – update images & video for the newsroom.
Paid Playbook Checklist
- Review TNZ market insights and resources to help identify and showcase market relevant experiences from your region to Australian consumers through their owned channels and any promotional activity.
- Share your marketing timeline with us and likewise, to arrange visibility of ours please contact Declan Malone
- Access TNZ’s media agency to get more cost-effective media due to economies of scale and remarket to audiences whilst ensuring our marketing plans are complementary. Reach out to Ben Urquhart to assist with any paid media or paid content partnerships.
- Help create a unified message in Australia. Tourism New Zealand are producing a campaign partner toolkit which can be used to inform your messaging in Australia. This toolkit will be available to industry on 6th May.
- Reach out to wholesale/retail partners/OTAs to understand how you can be part of joint venture campaigns
- Load deals onto newzealand.com to feature on demand marketing landing page. Reach out to Stephen Griffith, and also look out for an industry newsletters on how to load deals for the Australian campaign.
Trade Playbook Checklist
- Always-On Comms
- Fresh new content and assets for Tourism New Zealand Owned comms (Newsletter & closed Facebook group). Please send to TradeAustralia@tnz.govt.nz
- B2B Campaign
- Align activity calendar with Tourism New Zealand’s B2B strategy for maximum impact and efficiency –
- One New Zealand voice in market. Reach out to Caitlin Risk
- Travel Trade Tools
- Updated content for Tourism New Zealand’s Travel Trade website. Please send to TradeAustralia@tnz.govt.nz
- Travel Trade Training