It is expected that cases in Auckland have peaked, and modelling suggests that the rest of New Zealand will follow suit. However, future spikes and new variants are expected. The Prime Minister says the COVID Protection Framework (traffic light system) will remain in place to protect our health system. However, some changes will be coming into effect from this Friday.
From 11.59pm Friday 25 March:
- Indoor gathering limits will be raised to 200 people
- Limits on outdoor gatherings will be completely lifted
- COVID-19 QR Codes will no longer be required—but may return if necessary
- Seated and separated will remain in place for indoor hospitality
From 11.59pm Monday 4 April:
- My Vaccine Passes will no longer be required. However, the system will remain in place for businesses who wish to continue using them
- Vaccine mandates will be removed for businesses, education, police and defence
- Vaccine mandates will remain in place for health and disability, aged care, corrections and border workforces.
The Red setting will be reviewed on 4 April.