The West Coast is at Alert Level 2. COVID-19 Business Support
Development West Coast is the Regional Tourism Organisation for the West Coast and is seeking a focused, driven and results-orientated person to join its Destination Management team as a Tourism and Events Executive.
The position is responsible for supporting the implementation of the Destination Management Strategy and Plan, and the regional events strategy. Work involves marketing the West Coast to stimulate economic development and promote tourism, with two areas of focus:
Destination Development and Marketing - the promotion of the region and members to potential domestic and international visitors, media and trade; providing advice about best business practice, as well as planning for a sustainable growth across the local tourism economy.
Business Events – development of collateral, content, submitting bids, liaising with event organisers and ensuring the West Coast is represented in the business events space, the facilitation of regional events, in partnership with councils, industry and event promoters.
You will be:
- a highly organised self-starter with a can-do attitude, a truckload of energy and will roll up your sleeves and get stuck in
- a team player with empathy for others
- 3-5 years marketing experience and a passion for tourism
- a collaborator with a can-do attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Be adaptable, with a mature and flexible approach to an ever-changing environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who will thrive in the high pace of a busy environment and who has the ability to juggle tasks, take initiative and work well under pressure. No two days will be the same.
Should you have any enquiries about the role, please email email@example.com or phone 03 769 7000.