June 2021 visitor trend data
Download: June 2021 visitor trend report (PDF)
Key figures :
- June 2021 Average daily visitors: 2,664
- Total monthly visitor spend: $8.7m
- Average daily spend: $290k
- Average daily spend per visitor: $107.83
- Average length of stay: 1.7 nights
- Accommodation occupancy rate: 21%
- Airbnb occupancy rate: 35%
Visitors from Canterbury made up the largest share of domestic ECT visitor spending in the West Coast in June 2021 at 37%, followed by visitors from Otago (11%); Auckland (9%); Tasman (8%) and Wellington (6%).
26,000 recorded guest arrivals spent 44,700 guest nights in commercial accommodation in the West Coast RTO area in June 2021.