A Celebration of Tourism
- Meet and network with tourism operators.
- Learn how to improve your business through hands-on workshops.
- Be inspired by our surprise guest speaker.
- See what Tourism West Coast has achieved for the year at the AGM.
- Celebrate the tourism industry on the West Coast at the Monteith's social function.
- Please park on the the roads around Monteith's on the day.
Register by Tuesday 24 July at the latest.Venue Details
Venue: Monteith's Brewery
Date: Friday 27 July 2018.
Time: 10am - 9pm.
Address: 60 Herbert Street, Greymouth, 7805.
Cost: $20 (can be paid on the day during on site registration. This will cover workshops, lunch, beverages and a free brewery tour for those interested at 4:30pm).
- 10am: Official welcome.
- 10:30am: Speech by Kauahi Ngapora from Whale Watch.
- 10:50am: Ice breaker exercise.
- 12pm-1pm: Lunch.
- 1pm - 1:30pm: Surprise keynote speaker.
- 3:30pm - 4:30pm: AGM meeting.
Richard Benton: Annual report and accounts.
Jim Little: 12 month activity report.
- 5pm-9pm: After party and networking.
- 11am: Tim Chesney
Tips to make your website perform its best.
- 11:30am: Samantha Hampson
How to list on newzealand.com
- 1:30pm: Ann-Marie Johnson
Telling the tourism story to our communities.
- 2pm: Fiona Hill
Business Mentoring Programme.
- 2:30pm: Trevor Willcock
The new airport masterplan.
- 3pm: Jie Li
Alipay and Fliggy on the West Coast, how it will benefit your business.
- 4:30pm: Megan Williams
Corner Bar Room
- 11am: Bare Kiwi
Social media influencers.
- 11:30am: Steven Moe and Joseph Morris
What do you do with customer data?
- 1:30pm: Paul Trowell
What does it mean to be Trade Ready?
- 2pm: Jackie Gurden
West Coast Wilderness Trail - Riding at the top.
- 2:30pm: Natasha Barnes
Lean UX and understanding your customer's needs.
- 3pm: Ian Johnson
Making a difference on purpose - telling compelling stories.
- 4:30pm: Samantha Beneke
Content buckets for social media.
Deals for those attending A Celebration of Tourism
Kindly supported by the following businesses.
Ross Beach Top 10 Holiday Park
- 5 Studio Apartment Pods available for $100 per pod for a couple or twin share. Call to reserve your pod.
- Find out more about the Ross Beach Top 10 Holiday Park.
- Sue & Andy Stile: 021 428566.
Arahura Greenstone Tours
- 30% off Saturday 28 July 1pm tour (4 hours duration).
- Find out more about Arahura Greenstone Tours.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tangi Weepu: 021 0239 4922
West Coast Treetop Walk & Cafe
- Free of charge FAMIL for tourism industry members.
- 50% discount for attendees who are not part of the tourism industry.
- Conditions: Booking essential. Available over the weekend and by arrangement.
- Find out more about the West Coast Treetop Walk & Cafe.
- Vonnie Cherry: 03 755 5052 or email@example.com
Fox Glacier Guides
- Tourism operators can have a free of charge heli hike on the condition that they go on standby.
- Find out more about Fox Glacier Guides.
- Jo Wisniewski: +64 221086764
Glacier Valley Eco Tours
- 20% off all half day tours (Franz Josef Eco Tour, Fox Glacier Eco Tour or Lake Matheson Tour).
- Find out more about Glacier Valley Eco Tours.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tash & Cliff Goodwin: 0800 WALKTOURS (0800 925 586)
Franz Josef Wildlife Centre
- Free of charge admission for tourism operator and partner.
- Find out more about the Franz Josef Wildlife Centre.
- Email: email@example.com
- Richard and Lisa: +64 (3) 752 0600
Garth Wilson Jade tour
- Free tour through the jade workshop and their process.
- Find out more about Garth Wilson Jade.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Garth and Joanna: (03) 762 6266.
Sam works in the digital team at Tourism New Zealand. As tourism database specialist, she manages the operation and development of the operator database – an industry specific website promoting New Zealand tourism products. With a Masters in Business Management, Sam can help you get the most out of your business listing on newzealand.com and give you the insight to capture your own referrals.
Kyle Mulinder is an adventurer, storyteller and digital influencer operating as Bare Kiwi. He mentors new influencers wanting to make it a full time career and works with businesses to develop successful social media strategies for their brands.
Tim has been involved in almost every aspect of marketing, advertising and digital production over the past 15 years. From branding, strategy, campaigns, to mobile apps and websites.
Natasha Barnes Dellaca
Natasha Barnes Dellaca is a founder of the EPIC Westport innovation hub. Natasha previously held research and design roles at CerebralFix and the Disarmament and Security Centre. Before working in the startup space, Natasha worked for governmental and non-government organisation in funding and policy advisory roles.
Kauahi is General Manager of Whale Watch Kaikōura (WWK), one of New Zealand’s leading and most recognised Māori tourism experiences and a multi-national and international award winning nature-based tourism company. Kauahi was first employed by WWK at 15 and has moved through the ranks as a caregiver to a guide, skipper, trainer, supervisor, frontline manager and Chief Operating Officer.
Jackie Gurden is the Managing Director of Gurden Consulting Ltd. She's been involved professionally in strategic planning, project management and marketing for a wide range of economic, community, sport and recreation projects on the Coast for over 30 years. She has held a contract managing the Wilderness Trail for the last 18 months.
Jie is developing a SOUTH store on Chinese Online Travel Agent Fliggy to allow tourism operators to sell directly to the Chinese FIT market. Before joining Christchurch International Airport in June 2018, he worked as China Marketing Executive for Christchurch & Canterbury Tourism/ChristchurchNZ for nearly 4 years.
Fiona Hill is a member of Development West Coast’s Business Development Team.
They assist businesses to grow and innovate by providing advice and access to expertise, information and funding through their business toolbox.
The Regional Business Partner Network is one of the key components of this partnering with New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, Callaghan Innovation and Business Mentors New Zealand.
Born in South Africa, Trevor completed qualifications in Hotel Management and Management Accounting. After immigrating to New Zealand, Trevor joined Redwood Group as General Manager of their property management company before being offered a position at Auckland International Airport as Commercial Manager of the airport. Early this year, Trevor joined Destination Westland as Chief Executive Officer.
Ann-Marie’s job is all about communicating Tourism Industry Aotearoa’s work to members and promoting the economic and social value of the visitor industry to the wider public through working with media, Tourism Industry Aotearoa newsletters, website, magazine and other tools.
Megan has worked in the tourism industry nationally and internationally (Tourism NZ, Shotover Jet Fiji, the Cruise industry and TIANZ). She moved south in 2005 to become the General Manager of Sustainable Wanaka. Megan has been involved with government and private Sustainable Tourism Initiatives since 2002. She is a Director of Southern Tourism Ltd and a Board member of Lake Wanaka Tourism.
Steven Moe is a lawyer focused on helping companies with their business as well as early stage start-ups and social enterprises. He studied at Canterbury University, but has worked overseas in Japan, England and Australia. He is now is based in Christchurch working for Parry Field Lawyers.
Joseph Morris is a lawyer who manages Parry Field Lawyers’ Hokitika Office and works with clients up and down the Coast. He has a particular interest in commercial/business and property matters, and dispute resolution. Having studied in Otago, he now resides in Hokitika with his wife and three children.
Sam has 10 years experience working in the digital media industry for companies such as Auckland Transport, Timaru District Council, Saltwater GIRL Magazine, The Edge radio station and The Rock radio station. She lives and breathes digital marketing, SEO, understanding the user need and content.
Paul has 20 years experience in tourism and has spent most of his career in the successful promotion/marketing/communications of destinations to the International consumer and trade. He is currently Trade Development Manager for Tourism New Zealand supporting the development of a global trade strategy and account management.
Ian comes from the near part of 40 years at the bloody end of the spear of delivering customer service in high volume businesses. As a manager, CE, owner operator and consultant he has actively participated in exploring every opportunity to exceed the expectation of the guests who have entrusted him with their hard-earned, leisure dollars.