Job Description for Marketing Coordinator
Reports to Chief Executive
Key Area of Accountability % of Total Role
What are the Outputs / Results Expected?
Administration / Accounts - 1%
- Liaise with JD 3 re accounts and office
- Check project costs against budgets
- Arrange and host media familiarization
- Arrange and host trade familiarization
- Liaise with operators and the travel
industry regarding media opportunities.
- Effectively co-ordinate media results and
distribute within the organisation and wider industry.
- Co-ordination of supporting material for
all media enquiries i.e. editorial and images.
- Pitch for media opportunities for the West
- Distribution of media releases both
regionally and nationally through appropriate channels.
- Coordination of and attendance at selected
trade events both nationally and internationally i.e. TRENZ, Australia
- Liaise with operators to ensure they are
trade ready and utilising RTO services.
- Provide opportunities for operators to
participate in TWC activities.
- Education of trade to increase knowledge of
the West Coast area and its products
Online - 34%
- Ensure regional website content is
current/relevant and constantly reviewed.
- Manage updating of regional website content
- Utilise national online opportunities
effectively i.e. newzealand.com
- Manage social media and ensure it is
effectively utilised and reflects the organisation and region appropriately.
- Update media and operator pages and ensure
content is relevant.
- SEO reports implemented.
- Ensure social media reflects the
organisation/region and is effectively utilised.
- Utilise online opportunities effectively
Relationship Management / Communications - 15%
- Build strong relationships with industry
and promotion groups i.e. ITOC, TIA, TNZ, RTO’s and DTO’s
- Ensure operators are kept up to date with
TWC activities and opportunities.
- Act as liaison to West Coast i-SITEs.
- Facilitate training for gateway i-SITEs.
- Develop monthly TWC newsletter for
Marketing / Advertising - 10%
- Assist in facilitation of regional
marketing plan and co-ordination of supporting material for all marketing,
promotions and special projects of the organization and liaison with all third
party contracted services.
- Co-ordination and support of annual
regional visitor guide.
Other - 5%
- To undertake other duties as deemed
appropriate within the position description or as assigned by the Tourism West
- In the absence of the CEO the Executive JD 2
will field any marketing & advertising enquiries.