Statistics for the West Coast, including the Fact Book.
West Coast Tourism fact book
The fact book contains statistics and facts about Tourism on the West Coast.
We will be adding new facts and figures as we receive them.
Last updated: 23 July 2019
- Download the West Coast Tourism fact book (PDF 18MB).
Eco Profile West Coast region and district fact book
- Tai Poutini West Coast Economic Update - year end March 2018.
Tourism West Coast summary
Tai Poutini West Coast growth opportunities report - Tourism Section
- Download Tourism Section of Growth Report (PDF 33OKB).
- Download the international visitor experience 2017 (PDF 1.2MB).
Commercial Accommodation Monitor
The Commercial Accommodation Monitor (CAM) monitors trends in New Zealand's commercial accommodation sector.
Domestic Growth Insight tool
The DGiT (Domestic Growth Insight Tool) website and online tool divides New Zealanders into eight distinct travel segments based on their domestic leisure travel habits and preferences:
- Escape and reward: This segment wants to escape their daily stresses and reward themselves. It can either be with friends or their partner.
- Learn and understand: This segment wants to discover and learn about their and others’ history and heritage.
- Explore nature: This segment loves exploring the outdoors to discover new places and as a way to relax.
- Wine, nood and music: This segment wants to indulge or reward themselves through wine, food and music.
- Adventure and challenge: This segment wants some excitement – to have an adventure which has an element of challenge.
- Watching or participating: This segment wants to share time with friends and family while doing or watching something they love – often sport related but also cultural.
- Fun with kids: This segment wants to bond as a family doing things together.
- Family: This segment is going to see their family.
Development West Coast
The Economic Profile for the West Coast Region is provided by Infometrics.
The Development West Coast online economic profile is an interactive and dynamic enabling you to delve down into the underlying data and compare your region and districts to other regions and districts in New Zealand.
- Learn more about the Informetrics Community Profile
- Learn more about the Infometrics Economic Profile
Mood of the nation
Twice-yearly since December 2015 Kantar TNS, on behalf of Tourism New Zealand and Tourism Industry Aotearoa, surveys a nationally representative sample of 500 adult New Zealanders in order to understand their perceptions of the value of international tourism, its benefits and challenges.