HeliServices.NZ Franz Josef
Scenic helicopter flights and snow landings above Fox and Franz Josef glaciers.
HeliServices.NZ offer scenic flights by helicopter from Franz Josef, Fox Glacier and Haast. 100% locally owned and operated and licenced to land at all designated landing sites within the Westland (Tai Poutini) National Park. Our options from Franz Josef and Fox Glacier include snow landings within the Westland (Tai Poutini) National Park above the Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers. Let us take you on the “experience of a lifetime” to some of the most spectacular scenery in New Zealand. View Mount Cook, Mount Tasman – New Zealand’s highest peaks.
We also offer transport for Skiers, climbers, trampers, hunters, fisherman and film crew / photographers. Hunter transport from Whataroa, Karangarua and Haast as well as Franz Josef and Fox Glacier.
- Westland Wonderland – the movie
Franz Josef Cinema
Alpine Adventure Centre
29 Main Road
Franz Josef 7856
Ph: 03 752 0793
James Scott and Videographer Dean Trolle have combined to create the most amazing and stunning videography of South Westland. From the White Herons of the Waitangiroto Nature Reserve to the wildlife of Open Bay Islands off the coast of Haast. Some unbelievable scenery exists beyond Haast to the Cascade with the Red Hills captured in their unique stand out colour so vastly different from their surrounding landscape. Westland Wonderland is the new masterpiece to adorn the huge wide screen of the Alpine Adventure Centre movie theatre at Franz Josef. Fox & Franz Heliservices is an experienced helicopter flightseeing company.
We provide visitors with a diverse range of South Island scenic helicopter flights and private charters in some of New Zealand's most spectacular alpine and coastal regions.
For over 30 years we have operated with a modern fleet of 4 and 6 passenger helicopters.
The only 100% locally owned and operated helicopter company licensed to land within the Westland Tai Poutini National Park.
- Franz Josef, Fox and Tasman Glaciers.
- Mount Cook and Mount Tasman.
- Also available as transport for skiers, climbers, hunters, film crew and photography.
Scenic flight & movie combo (save $60)
HeliServices.NZ Fox & Franz are offering a special deal on a 10-minute scenic helicopter flight over the Franz Josef or Fox Glacier including entry to “Westland Wonderland” a 35-minute feature of South West New Zealand on the giant HELIMAX screen for just $150 per person (flight/movie retail price $210pp).
Book directly by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone: 03 752 0793
Terms and conditions:
- Only valid for Franz Josef and Fox Glacier departures.
- Minimum two adult fares (if there are less people Heliserivces.NZ will endeavor to join flight bookings for the same tour in order to create the minimum numbers required).
- Depart from Franz Josef town – view the Franz Josef Glacier from above / depart from Fox Glacier town – view the Fox Glacier from above.
- Includes free entry (value $15pp) to our very own “Westland Wonderland” spectacular 35-minute Helimax movie. See the beauty of South West New Zealand how you have never seen it before, from your seat in our 60 seat “Franz Josef Cinema” – only screens at our Franz Josef Base at the Alpine Adventure Centre.
- Upgrade to our Franz Josef or Fox Glacier landing flight (allow 20 minutes) for $75pp
- Offer valid to 31 January 2021
We are easy to find on the Main Road. We are located in the Alpine Adventure Centre, Main Road, Franz Josef.