Beaches, lakes & coastline
Golden Sands Horse and Wagon Tours
Welcome to Golden Sands Horse & Wagon Tours, on the Barrytown beach. A guided tour by horse and wagon in the footsteps of the early pioneers.
$60 per adult $30 per child. Free for 3 year olds and under. Valid until: 1/6/2020
Most days, year round.
Golden Sands Horse and Wagon Tours offers you the opportunity to travel in the footsteps of the early pioneers, down one of New Zealand’s most beautiful, unspoiled wild West Coast beaches.
On the way, learn about our rich ‘Coast Road’ gold mining and pioneer heritage as if you were a part of it yourself.
The pace is relaxed, with plenty of time for exploring.
Activities include gem stone collecting, (Barrytown beach is the best jade hunting beach in NZ), making damper bread, boiling the billy over an open fire, wildlife spotting and photography.
About the tour
- Two and a half hour experience.
- Stunning scenery and photo opportunities.
- Enjoy a camp fire, tea and damper bread refreshments.
- Local historical stories and photos.
- Jade and gem stone collecting.
- Child friendly beach.
- OK for limited mobility.
- Grooming and petting Duke the Clydesdale.