Start your journey through New Zealand's stunning landscapes at a Department of Conservation (DOC) Visitor Centre.
Visitor centres are staffed by DOC rangers who have firsthand, in-depth local knowledge about:
- Walks and hiking.
- short walks, multi-day hikes, Great Walks.
- Track conditions, weather, and safety.
- Hut and Campsite bookings.
- Heritage sites.
- Marine reserves.
- Conservation projects.
- Local stories, legends and history - our nature, our people.
- Arthur’s Pass National Park.
- Native birds include the kea, the world’s only alpine parrot, and the Great Spotted Kiwi (Roroa).
- Walk to a nearby waterfall or hike up an alpine peak.
Location81 W Coast Rd, Arthur's Pass 7875, New Zealand
Things to See & Do