Discover a place of unsurpassed natural beauty - untouched beaches and rugged glacial river valleys - Indulge yourself in the peace and tranquility that makes this sparsely populated area so special.
Te Wahipounamu South West New Zealand Heritage Area information and interpretive displays.
Staffed by DOC rangers who have firsthand, in-depth local knowledge about:
- Walks and hiking - short walks, multi-day hikes, Great Walks
- Track conditions, weather, and safety
- Hut and Campsite bookings
- Heritage sites
- Marine reserves
- Conservation projects
- Local stories, legends and history - our nature, our people
- Displays and information on the South West New Zealand World Heritage Area
- Watch the short film "Edge of Wilderness"
- Marine life: penguins, seals, and dolphins