About the deal
This package will take you through 3 iconic spots within the region, stopping in each to meander along rivers, lagoons, and wetlands at a leisurely pace.
The package includes:
- 2-hour tour with Waiatoto River Safari near Haast.
- A complimentary voucher for a meal at The Craypot in Jackson Bay worth $25 per person.
- 2-hour eco boat tour with Okarito Boat Tours.
- 1.5-hour sunset cruise near Hokitika with West Coast Scenic Waterways.
- Hot drinks and home baking is included with each tour. Whitebait taster included on Waiatoto River Safari.
The West Coast Waterways Package is perfect for:
- Birdwatching enthusiasts.
- Wildlife and landscape photographers.
- Nature enthusiasts.
- People who are less mobile but love the outdoors.
- We are happy to help you create your holiday plans around this itinerary with our local knowledge, just ask here.
- $349 per adult.
- $209 per child.
- $5.00 per infant (under 4 years of age).
About your tour providers
Waiatoto River Safari
Experience the iconic Waiatoto River Safari through Haast World Heritage Area.
Take a 2-hour jet boat tour along the Waiatoto River and enjoy morning tea, home-baked scones, and a Whitebait taster.
You will also receive a $25 meal voucher per person to dine at The Craypot in Jackson Bay.
Okarito Boat Eco Tours
Experience New Zealand’s largest unmodified wetland area by boat.
During your EcoTour we engage in both an informative and friendly way to help you discover the absolute magic of Okarito and its stunning environment.
From wetlands to rainforest and mountain landscapes, and a diverse range of birdlife.
- 2-hour guided tour on the “Explorer Douglas” – customised for the Okarito lagoon and wetlands
- Hot drink and home-baked treat on board.
- Bookmark with a checklist for the birds you have seen while onboard.
School holidays special: Learn more about the Okarito Kiwi – the Rowi, with a 20% discount for the West Coast Wildlife Centre in Franz Josef when you book this package. You will also receive a free coffee with your entry.
We also have self-contained accommodation available in Okarito from $130/night (sleeps up to 5 people).
West Coast Scenic Waterways
Take a scenic sunset cruise on the Eco Adventurer near Lake Mahinapua, retracing the waterways used by early pioneers and gold diggers.
A 7km meander through some of New Zealand’s highest value lowland wetlands into Lake Mahinapua with views of Mt Cook and the Southern Alps on a clear day.
Departs about an hour before sunset and is 1.5-hours long. The departure time is flexible depending on the arrival of cyclists and weather.
BYO welcome. Hot drinks, chocolates and wine glasses provided on board. Minimum 4 passengers to run.
Terms and conditions
You will need to arrange your own transport for travel between locations.