Gifting travel experiences this Christmas
Tourism New Zealand - Domestic Gift vouchers
Kicked off: 18 October 2021
Ended: 25 December 2021
Get kiwis to gift travel experiences.
The Do Something New, New Zealand campaign platform is challenging New Zealanders to gift travel experiences this Christmas, giving their loved ones the best summer ever.
As a trial, to enable operators to leverage this opportunity we are using the Add a deal screen within the Tourism Business Database to host gift voucher information.
Unlike a deal, the gift voucher pricing does not need to be a discount off your standard gift voucher pricing.
This is a trial and will be reviewed after the campaign.
Why this works?
- Incremental and up-front revenue for operators
- Competes with discretionary spend categories
- Disruption to shipping goods this Christmas
- Can be purchased during any alert level
How can operators leverage?
Upload gift voucher information to newzealand.com
- Gift voucher pricing does not need to be a discount off standard gift voucher pricing.
How to load a campaign deal?
- Go to your Business in Tourism New Zealand’s Tourism Business Database.
- Click on Deals in the top navigation > Add a new deal
- If you have more than one business you will need to select which business the listing is for and then the product listing it is for. From there, select the market language, deal type and deal details.
- Please curate a new deal aligned to the campaign messaging.
- There are slightly different steps for creating deals in the Tourism Business Database for the current Australia and domestic campaigns.
- For more detailed information on uploading deals please review the Tourism Business Database user guides.
Examples of collateral:
Top line campaign results
The gifting campaign, which ran from 11 October to 24 December generated 101,668 newzealand.com visits and drove 26,550 referrals, achieving an average of 26% referral rate.
Referral rate was on par with TNZ summer travel campaign which ran in parallel.
- Over 600 operators featured gift vouchers on newzealand.com, all of which were also included in our Facebook gifting chatbot.
- Almost 100 Qualmark operators also featured in paid media via our domestic PR and media partnership activity.
- While the campaign has now ended, it’s still delivering a small volume of organic visits.
As a result, Tourism New Zealand have decided to keep a gift voucher hub available on newzealand.com for the foreseeable future.
Throughout 2022, the domestic team may drive New Zealanders, via paid media to visit the gift voucher hub during key retail gifting moments such as Valentine’s day, Mother’s day, Father’s day.
A communication is planned, via Tourism Business Database this week alerting operators know that their original submission date has been extended to 31 December 2022. Operators that do not want their gift voucher information to remain live are able to unpublish this.
This communication will include a short survey to gain feedback directly from operators to determine whether, or not this is an initiative worth pursuing in the future.