West Coast Tertiary Scholarships
Development West Coast offers four Tertiary Scholarships annually to first time tertiary students as a means to provide a pathway for West Coast students to attain tertiary qualifications and return to the West Coast to undertake their career.
The scholarships are awarded to students who plan to embark on tertiary study. Scholarships are held for the duration of the student’s undergraduate degree programme, up to a maximum of 4 years, in a suitable field providing that the scholar achieves at least a B average each year and makes satisfactory progress in all respects.
The annual amounts are the sum of NZ $5,000.00 in year one, $7,500.00 in year two and $10,000.00 in year three [and year four if the qualification requires four years or more] of study, to assist towards the costs associated with the study undertaken by the student.
Successful applicants will need to:
- reside on the West Coast or be able to demonstrate a substantive connection to the West Coast;
- be entering tertiary study for the first time;
- demonstrate a willingness to undertake paid work experience at a West Coast business in their annual academic break; and
- demonstrate a willingness and commitment to return to the West Coast for employment post tertiary study.
For more information contact: email@example.com
Applications are now closed
2023 SCHOLARSHIP HOLDERS:
- Julian Guppy - Bachelor of Engineering majoring in Civil Engineering
- Molly Williams - Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Portia Wyatt - Bachelor of Surveying
- Zoe Double - Bachelor of Science majoring in Environmental Science
2022 SCHOLARSHIP HOLDERS:
- Clark Fountain - Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering majoring in Humanitarian Science
- Ella Rae-Wood - Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Rachel Morris - Bachelor of Nursing
- Scarlett Hamilton - Double Degree in Law and Arts majoring in Cultural Studies