West Coast Tertiary Scholarships
Development West Coast offers four Tertiary Scholarships annually to first time tertiary students as a means to provide a pathway for West Coast students to attain tertiary qualifications and return to the West Coast to undertake their career.
The scholarships are awarded to students who plan to embark on tertiary study. Scholarships are held for the duration of the student’s undergraduate degree programme, up to a maximum of 4 years, in a suitable field providing that the scholar achieves at least a B average each year and makes satisfactory progress in all respects.
The annual amounts are the sum of NZ$5,000.00 in year one, $7,500.00 in year two and $10,000.00 in year three [and year four if the qualification requires four years or more] of study, to assist towards the costs associated with the study undertaken by the student.
Successful applicants will need to:
- reside on the West Coast or be able to demonstrate a substantive connection to the West Coast;
- be entering tertiary study for the first time;
- demonstrate a willingness to undertake paid work experience at a West Coast business in their annual academic break; and
- demonstrate a willingness and commitment to return to the West Coast for employment post tertiary study.
- Applications open 1 August 2022
- Applications close 5pm, 9 September 2022
- Scholarships awarded 1 November 2022
For more information contact: email@example.com
Development West Coast Tertiary Scholarships awarded
The inaugural Development West Coast Tertiary Scholarships have been awarded to Rachel Morris, Scarlett Hamilton, Clark Fountain, Jack Stead-Wilson and Ella Rae-Wood.Learn more
2022 Scholarship holders:
- Jack Stead-Wilson
- Scarlett Hamilton
- Clark Fountain
- Ella Rae-Wood
- Rachel Morris