Our West Coast activity providers share their latest updates since our last newsletter.
- New depot opened in Greymouth to handle starting or finish points as an alternative to Hokitika starts/finish.
- Carbon Positive - just approved and waiting final sign off and information from Ekos NZ to be made available (e.g. branding logo)
- Launch of longer scenic flights at 60 and 75 minutes with two snow landings, visiting some amazing areas of the Southern Alps previously only available by private charter.
- Now operate via Rezdy booking system.
- Recently upgraded their website.
- Will be back in our office in Franz Josef this season!
- New tour: Discover Okarito - Boat & Walk tour package. More details here.
- Within the last 12 months the tours side of the operation has been purchased from the OVT
- Qualmark rating has increased from Bronze to Silver
- Development West Coast Leading Light Business Excellence Sustainability Award winner 2022.
- See new video here.
- New website under development
- Now offering Snow landings on the Fly 6 Glaciers tour departing from the Hokitika Gorge
- Recently secured Qualmark Silver accreditation.
- New, larger distillery will open this year and we will be launching a range of new tours and guest experiences at that time.
- Brand new "Fight For The Wild" displays and the work taking place locally to eradicate pests to help protect and preserve our untamed natural wilderness for future generations
Glacier Valley Eco Tours
Precision Helicopters Hokitika
- Put a lot of work into the Denniston Historic trip which is now ready for Domestic and International tourists
- New business
- Primary and leading operator offering guided walks along the Paparoa Track.
- Certified carbon neutral offering small sustainability focused guided walks along New Zealand's newest great walk.
- Finalist in the Development West Coast Leading Lights Awards in 2 categories (Leading Light, Sustainability)
Punakaiki Canoes - now Waka Puna
Starting the journey towards trade readiness.
- Waka Puna (River Canoes) was formally trading as the well established Punakaiki Canoes and changed to the new owners in June 2022.
- New website going live shortly! A major revamp, courtesy of 2Degrees and their "Shop Local" campaign that they won a year ago
Paparoa Guided Walks