Greymouth Backpacker Accommodation with a Difference
The Duke Hostel is a wonderful old historic building, currently being renovated and modernised by new owners Daniel and Glenn Hopping without compromising it's old charm and visitor comfort. The hostel offers the following amenities...
- Unlimited Wifi.
- Huge well equipped kitchen.
- Spacious, comfortable and warm dining room.
- Bread and jam in the morning.
- Coffee and tea 24/7.
- Fully made beds.
- DVD movies to watch.
- Pool table to play.
- A common room with a fireplace and stocked with books, games and musical instruments.
- Quaint and comfy rooms.
- Laundry with coin operated washing machine and drier.
- Plenty of common showers and toilets.
All kinds of visitors are welcome including independent travelers, sports teams and groups. We have ensuite, single, double, twin, family and shared/dorm rooms. All beds are fully made up and all the rooms have a heater and a sink.
Situated right in the heart of Greymouth's business district, many great amenities are close at hand for our visitors. The Train Station, central bus stop, cafes and restaurants are a short walk away. The Grey River is close by and features stunning views of hills as well as being the starting point of the West Coast Cycle Trail. Short rides north or south take you to stunning beaches, coastal roads, the famous Punakaiki with it's blowholes and Pancake Rocks and much more.