All operators nationwide will be invited by Tourism New Zealand to submit a deal via the Tourism Business database from 11 April 2022.
- There is no deadline for operators to upload a deal, but the sooner you do, the greater the opportunity in terms of referrals and additional exposure.
- Deals do not need to be exclusive to Tourism New Zealand, they can load any offer they already have in market, across any other channel.
How to load a campaign deal?
- Go to your Business in Tourism New Zealand’s Tourism Business Database.
- Click on Deals in the top navigation > Add a new deal
- If you have more than one business you will need to select which business the listing is for and then the product listing it is for. From there, select the market language, deal type and deal details.
- Please curate a new deal aligned to the campaign messaging.
- There are slightly different steps for creating deals in the Tourism Business Database for the current Australia and domestic campaigns.
- For more detailed information on uploading deals please review the Tourism Business Database user guides.
How do Tourism New Zealand decide on which deal / package to feature?
- Relevance to audience in which TNZ are targeting
- Diversity, to avoid featuring the same experience across multiple region ie avoid 20 kayaking packages
- Something “new”, where possible, to keep the message fresh
- Previous campaigns insights and trends
- Feature more than one operator (if 2 deals meet all the criteria, one being just one operator, the second being a collection of operators)
- Featured previously – where possible TNZ try to share the love.
- Easy to book
Where do these deals / packages feature?
- Paid social – staggered
- Google display – full campaign
- Other channels (one off feature and not guaranteed): NZME, Stuff, Kidspot, Urban List