Our West Coast accommodations are getting ready to welcome our long-awaited International visitors. Here's some significant changes:
- Continued improvements on grounds
- Retained their Qualmark Gold 4* Plus Boutique & Lodge
- Finalist in the Qualmark Gold 100% Pure NZ Experience Awards
- Implementation of a few tours:
- "Local History Tour" - Guests can join Stephen on a tour up our local 10 mile valley – known as “Coal Valley” and featured in a NZ on Air documentary regarding coal mining back in the 1970s.Tour up to 2 hours – easy level of fitness with a valley walk and plenty of opportunity for photographs and learning some local history.
- Photography Location Tour - Stephen is available for Photography Location Tours that can be tailor-made to the clients requirements i.e. tuition, landscape locations, development. 1/2 day or full day options.
- Explore by Bike - 1/2 day self-guided tour. A great option for guests to experience some of the West Coast Wilderness trail including bike hike and transfer.
The iconic 63 bedroom Punakaiki Resort has been sold by The Williams Hotel Group - back to the original owner and developer of the property. The hotel reopened on 27 January 2022 after a soft refurbishment and has been renamed The Ocean View Retreat.
Here is their brand new website - theoceanviewretreat.co.nz
- They have added an outdoor kitchen where they provide slow-smoked/BBQ evening meals over the summer months (weather dependent).
- They have also installed a wood-fired hot tub (complimentary use for guests).
- They are now Qualmark Silver 4Star rated.
The hotel decided to close its doors during the pandemic to undertake an extensive refurbishment.
The hotel now includes refurbished 53 room 1 suite and 5 disabled rooms with views from every room.
The ground floor has been completely redone as well as its restaurant Jimmy Cooks Kiwi Kitchen.
- Currently in the process of upgrading to Qualmark Gold, so I will update you once we receive it. Very exciting :)
- All rooms are newly renovated, including the bathrooms and look amazing.
- The glamping pod village grew! There are now 5 standard pods for two people and 5 deluxe glamping pods with pull out sofa that can accommodate up to 4 people.
- New exclusive travel trade offers for 1 and 2 nights.
- The hot pools and saunas (unlimited access included in all overnight stays. the pools are open for guests all night long :)
- Wellness activities are also included in all overnight stays - yoga classes (at least twice a day), sauna infusions (2- 3x a day), nature walk and meditation class on Saturdays.