The Government has announced the COVID-19 Protection Framework or traffic light system will be removed from midnight tonight (12 September 2022) and importantly for our tourism industry, vaccine requirements will be removed for incoming travellers and air crew.
- The COVID-19 Protection Framework ends at 11.59pm tonight, Monday 12 September
- All mask wearing requirements removed, except in healthcare and aged care facilities
- Only COVID-19 positive individuals required to isolate for seven days, household contacts no longer need to
- All Government vaccine mandates to end in two weeks on 26 September
- Removal of all vaccination requirements for incoming travellers and air crew
- Support for business and workers to continue through leave support payments
- All New Zealanders aged 65 and over, and Māori aged 50 and over to have automatic access to COVID anti-virals if they test positive