The West Coast is at Alert Level 2. COVID-19 Business Support
Development West Coast (DWC) is able to provide a range of commercial financing options for West Coast businesses, including commercial lending and equity investment.
Applications pass through a comprehensive assessment process. Applications must promote sustainable employment opportunities and/or generate sustainable economic benefit for the region.
DWC is excluded from investing in local and central government infrastructure, and cannot provide grants to businesses or organisations where that may affect DWC’s charitable status.
DWC aims to have a balanced portfolio of good regional investments across different industry sectors and geographical areas, ranging from start-ups to established businesses.
It is an applicant’s responsibility to provide adequate information to allow DWC to make an informed decision as to the viability of any proposal. If submitting an application, it is recommended that applicants seek accounting and legal advice where appropriate.
If you have any queries at all, we encourage you to contact our Capability and Growth team who will be able to assist and guide you through the process.
1. ENQUIRY PHASE CHECKLIST
Discuss your financing needs with one of DWC’s Capability and Growth Advisors:
2. SUBMIT APPLICATION
- Applications under $100,000 may be considered under delegated authority by the CEO.
3. MANAGEMENT ASSESSMENT
- Your application is assessed by DWC Management.
- The Management group provides a recommendation to the Advisory Body.
4. ADVISORY BODY ASSESSMENT
- Applications over $250,000 are considered by the Advisory Body.
- The Advisory Body provides a recommendation to DWC Trustees.
5. TRUSTEE DECISION
Trustees review and decide to:
- Request more information;
- Approve the application; or
- Decline the application.
6. APPLICATION FINAL DECISION
- Applicant advised of Trustee decision.